Sunday, February 22, 2004

i always thought that i was unusually tall throughout my childhood. i spent an hour on the phone with my mom yesterday looking at my height through the years, and evidently this is not the case. until i was 11 or 12, i was only at about the 75-85th percentile. in fact, according to my height at age 7, i should only have been 5'5" or 5'6".

i suddenly jumped to being WAY above the 95th percentile during 9th grade. between the ages of 13 and 14 is when i experienced my most dramatic growth jump. i reached my full adult height of 6'1/2" sometime between july of 98 and november of 99. (age 15 or 16)

also, in 1994 (age 11) i weighed 70 pounds. this is probably the skinniest looking i ever got. if you see pictures of me at age 11... well, i probably won't show you many pictures of me at age 11. it is rather embarrasing. but don't worry, folks! i was up to 85 pounds in 1995 at the age of 12.5. that is about the 12th percentile for weight and the 95 percentile for height. my goodness that is terrible.

but it DOES make me feel better about my current slightly underwieght status of being 130 pounds. (only 7 pounds off- thats the closest i've been to average since i started my growth spurts at age 9.) i've come a long way, baby!


height predictions
growth charts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home