Sunday, June 20, 2004

i found out a few days ago why my allergy medications have never really done much good.

i don't really have allergies!

had 'em real bad as a kid, and they seemed to flare up again in high school. i've been trying to get them under control for a while, so i went in for an allergy test friday. they stuck me 62 times in the back, and then 9 shots in the arm. turns out my only significant allergies are red clover, mesquite trees, and egg. this does not explain my constant problem with stuffy and runny nose, so my allergist says i have vasomotor rhinitis.

its some sort of problem with the nervous system structure of my nose. it constantly sends signals telling my body to close off my nasal passages and make more mucous. yay!! there is a nasal spray that might help, or i might eventually need to have surgery. evidently this runs in my family. two of my aunts have it, and one has had the surgery. i'm suprised that no one ever mentioned this to me before! :oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home