Monday, July 25, 2005

i had my first real roadkill experience this morning. about 30 seconds before getting to the school i'm teaching summer school at, my car smacked right into a bird. the bird was in mid flight, but its graceful movements were ended by the smack of my bumper. (drivers side, near the headlight.) birdie tried to put on the brakes at the last minute, so my view was of a bird frantically flapping its wings, and then bird and gore and feathers flying in a nasty little explosion. fortunately, it didn't leave anything behind- i wouldn't have wanted to hose the car off. (plus, it would have scarred some poor child walking in to school.)

sorry birdie.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger mv said...

a bird flew into the window here at work last year.

they wanted me to call the animal control center, in case it had a disease.

i gave it a funeral, and buried it in some paper towels in the dumpster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home