Monday, June 30, 2003

hello, friends!

i can spell the word "friends," you know. been able to spell it for going on three years now. aren't you proud? i learned "their" this year... i need to find a new word to learn. anyone noticed a word i have problems with?

class went pretty good. we had to make three drawings last night- our hand, a corner of the room, and a self portrait. my skills are higher than average in the class; i'd say that there are about 3 or 4 people who are better than me. (they have that whole shading thing down) so, theres a lot of the stuff in this class where most of the students are learning, but those of us who are a little more advanced are getting a bit bored. tommorow we'll be working on some stuff that i haven't done, with shading and highlighting... so that will be cool!

they blast the air conditioning waaay too high in some of the buildings here. its like an oven outside, but you get to class and want a sweater and pants. i dont get it, cause they keep telling us to keep the air set to 78 degrees in our rooms. why not raise the thermostat in the ice cave that is my classroom? silly peopel. people.

theres a girl here with a hairy chest and back. and you know, thats cool if you go for the hair thing, but i personally wouldnt be wearing those low cut spagetti strap tank tops she's been pimping. (i do beleive that was the first use of the word "pimping" on my website.

i have what looks like a giant hickey on my shoulder... evidently i broke a bunch of blood vessels carrying my duffel bag. :oP for some reason i put heavy things like books into the duffel instead of my rolling suitcase. duhh sarah

okay, my plans for the rest of the night include drawing a pure contour drawing (that means no looking at the paper) of a plant, pre-drawing a foreshortened hand, and readying my "ground" for the hand drawing in class tommorow. (that means laying down a layer of graphite on the paper so we are drawing on a medium grey background.)

g'night. if you know me in real life, feel free to call me on my cell phone at any time. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home