Sunday, November 24, 2002

i spent an hour or so talking with carolyn tonight, about everything. the depression i've been going through, my issues with my parents, my grandparents who've died and the ones i still have, my relationships... i must tell you, its kinda nice to have a future psychologist/ counselor as a roomate. i did my share of crying, she did more than her share of listening. i dont think that anything is necesarily solved, but its good to talk it out, and she is the best person i can think of to do it with. we talked a bit about options for how to deal with my parents... perhaps asking to go to a session of family therapy along with my brother, but i dont know if we'd do that. its something to think about at least.

then we made popcorn and shared the leather armchair while watching brainless tv. :o) we talked about her family and boyfriend too... she's had to deal with a few of the same issues as me, but not to the same degree. mmmm my eyes are burning because i need to sleep. thats fun. so, yeah.

went to see bowling for columbine this afternoon with ben, nicole and devon. very interesting, very good. i think i'm going to tell my parents about it, i bet they'd like it if i can convince them to go. its basically a documentary by a guy named michael moore, about school shootings, gun control, and the nra. he tries to find out why america has so many deaths by shooting compared to other industrialized, 1st world countries, even those with as many or more guns per capita. its a movie that actually makes you think, a lot. and hate charlton heston without necesarilly making a judgement that all guns are bad. its more going towards a logical, middle road as far as gun control goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home