Sunday, June 03, 2007

Finished: Big Dotty pillow


Pattern: Big Dotty Cushion from Mason Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton in 205 (Linen), 239 (Ice water), 253(Tope), and 315 (Double chocolate).
Needles: Size 6 clover circulars.
Timeline: A month?

I gave this to my brother for Christmas. Of course, it was still on the needles... I finished it up a few days afterwards, and my mom sewed it up with a denim fabric back that closes with velcro. This pattern was so much fun! It is amazing what slipped stitches can do. It looks much harder than it actually was...

I've been waiting to post this because the knitting was waiting in Orange County for my mom to do the sewing part. And then I had to get down there for the photo shoot.

2 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely pillow! I hadn't thought about using that pattern for a chair cover as a pillow cover. Brilliant! Like the color scheme you picked.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

That is so very lovely! Wow! I like what you did with it! Very pretty!! Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home