Sunday, November 18, 2007

A little wedding

Yesterday I helped throw a wedding. Three days is enough time to plan a wedding when there are only 7 people there! We had a lovely time, and now my best buddy here is married.

It was in another friend's backyard, who had gotten ordained by the Universal Life Church for the occasion. There were tiki torches all over, and funky shaped christmas lights hanging from the arbor cover. I helped make the bouquet by trimming down a grocery store bunch of roses into the correct size. There was random wedding music streaming off the internet, and the ceremony lasted about three minutes. I took the wedding photos.

Afterward, we had a little vegan cake and champagne. I got all the traditional wedding shots- cutting the cake, bride and groom's hands... first dance. We actually set up the self timer and got a group shot, which turned out quite cute. Our internet reverend, her husband, the bride and groom, witness 1, witness 2 (me) and Steve...

We went inside and hung out for a few hours. Filled out the paperwork, played with the kittens that live there. Quite different from my wedding, but I think just as special for my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home