Monday, January 21, 2008

On Saturday afternoon I sat in a parking lot telling my 94 year old Great-Grandma goodbye on the phone. She couldn't talk anymore- just make noises, and it was awful. I actually threw up later. I've been waiting for the phone call that she had passed away.

I got an email today saying that she is doing much better, as in sitting up and eating lunch. I don't even know what to think about this. A miracle? A temporary reprieve? It is a chance for my Grandma, her daughter, to fly back to see her one last time.

She is an awesome lady, and I had always wished that I could make her a Great-Great Grandma someday. I doubt that will happen, and who knows how much more time she has. It is hard, though, to say your last goodbyes over the telephone. Even if they could possibly not be my last goodbyes to her.

Love you, Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home