Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guess what I did?

1.

2.

3.

I learned to sew! While my mom was up over the last few days we bought cute fabric, some books, and a Janome Sewist 509 sewing machine. It was relatively inexpensive and is a very good quality machine for simple sewing.

Like my first project? (It is the first placemat out of a set of four.) I personally think it is pretty darn good, plus it matches my 1950's dishes. See?



My mom was excited to see the fabrics and patterns for sale at a local shop and bought two purse patterns, fabric for a purse, and a book of apron patterns.

Impressions of sewing:
-Cutting fabric sucks
-The actual sewing part is fast
-Sewing machines aren't scary after all
-You can't watch the Olympics and sew at the same time. You can knit, though!

We leave for Vegas tomorrow for a friend's wedding, and I'm bringing my laptop and a big bag of knitting projects!

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on learning to sew. Your first project looks wayyyy better than mine did.

Have fun in Vegas! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home