Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm not pregnant

1) I'm not pregnant. (See title.)

2) I just saw a photo of a friend from high school wearing a bikini and holding her four month old baby. Damn I hate her. Completely flat stomach and no stretch marks that I can see. How is that even possible?

3) In the last few months I've had quite a few nightmares that I was pregnant. I also get asked about when we're having a baby more often than I think I should be. Having a baby and a new mortgage would be... really uncool. (Hence, nightmares.)

4) My boss got married the same day as us, and his wife is due in a few more months. He would account for like half of the "when?" questions.

5) My best friend from high school is throwing a 1st birthday party this weekend for her third daughter. (!)

6) I love my friend J's baby girl who is almost 6 months old, but I am so not ready to give up all my knitting time. But I will happily give up knitting time for a few hours to hold her so her mom can knit!

I think I have more friends with bebes than your normal 25 year old.

You know how many babies I have knitted for in the past year? 11.

7 coworkers
2 friends
1 relative
1 baby item for hire for coworker's sister

And I haven't even limited the knitting to one item for each of these babies! Those 11 kids are responsible for 7 pairs of booties, 2 pairs of socks, 4 sweaters, and 1 hat.

I've resorted to making baby items for babies that don't exist because I am so sure that any second now two more friends, a coworker, and perhaps a few of my cousins will be pregnant. But not me. Not yet. I'm still sticking by my done by thirty line, though. Which if we have two kids means um.... 27/28 is getting way closer than it used to feel.

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger SpinalCat said...

I hear ya! I wanted to be done by 30. I'm turning 25 next week, and I think I've changed my plan to halfway done by 30! (assuming we'll still want another after the first one)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Isn't it crazy how we assumed we'd be more mature than we are?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When you hit 30 you'll realize you have plenty of time to do everything you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home