Thursday, May 01, 2008


This is what I did for an hour and a half tonight. It looks really nice in person, even though the whole time I made it I was freaking out about how little you really have control over the imprecise lines created by children's oil pastels. I filled in the town with crayon a bit because I simply couldn't make anything small enough that wasn't just an oil pastel blob.

My class will be doing this art project tomorrow for our Moon Journals. :o) They will look awesome... Also, the vacant stare in my eyes is what I look like 45 min. after bedtime while watching dull television and trying not to look at the camera.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm. That looks a little like my mousepad.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, my students said they saw it on a mousepad. Of course about 5 of them shouted out "Starry Night!!!" when I pulled out my sample, so that makes me feel pretty good. I showed them a bunch of paintings, including Starry Night, that I saw at MoMA in Feb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home