Sunday, August 24, 2008

What I've been doing

Tomorrow is the first day of school. (Oh my goodness.) I have been in my classroom cleaning, photocopying, making nametags, moving books... I found 4 broken pencil sharpeners in my classroom! One thing I looked for and couldn't find, though? My teaching credential! I remember putting it somewhere I thought it wouldn't get bent, but it isn't in any normal place that you should put important documents. I guess I won't be starting out the year with my diploma and credential framed on the wall.

I've also been knitting a bunch as a part of the very silly Ravelympics. I finished a lace shawl I started more than a year ago, and also made 5 presents for people. (All this during the 17 days of the Olympics.)

Here is one of my favorite things.



This is the prototype for my annual Christmas ornament knitting. These turned out super cute, although each tiny mitten took an hour. I'll end up making somewhere around 16 more pairs. :o) Look at my Flickr page if you want to see the rest of what I've made recently!

3 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

love the little mittens! did you use toothpicks?

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nope! Size 1 needles, actually! The next ones I make I'll do the 4 or so rounds of ribbing on 0's, I think.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wait a second... maybe size 1 needles are smaller than toothpicks.

Google doesn't know. I think they're about equal. (2.25 mm)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home