Wednesday, March 12, 2008

36 years is nothing.

Pablo Neruda's poetry is just ...amazing. Especially in Spanish, of course.

Soneto 17
La Muerta

These are some good ones... check them out somewhere on de internet. I am too lazy to search for websites with side by side original spanish and (good) translations. Okay, I lie. Here is a website that partially fits the bill.

Which brings me to my original reason for posting: I am afraid that I'm in love with Alan Rickman. It doesn't matter that he was born in 1946, and I in 1982. Or that he has been dating his girlfriend since 1965, and I got married in 2007. We will make it work.

Carolyn is coming up this weekend. If I can convince her that Alan Rickman is attractive, we shall have an encore of our "Which movie is Ewan McGregor sexier in?" contest. (I vote for Trainspotting.) Lets see. Truly, Madly, Deeply and Sense and Sensibility both have Mr. Rickman. And he is only 44 and 49, respectively, in them. That sounds much better than his current age of (ahem) 62.

p.s.- Snape can dance!

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to have to arm wrestle me for Alan Rickman. In "Love, Actually" he is totally hot. Is it me or is the Snape sneear a turn on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home