Monday, October 20, 2008

Bye, house.

We went and signed papers today canceling our offer on the house. We should have been moving in 10 days from now.

I am very sad, and it is easy to say that something as good will come along, but less easy to actually believe it. My parents didn't want us to buy the house and unfortunately they have some financial power in the decision. They want us to get a "nicer" house in a fancier neighborhood, which.... um... we can't afford. THIS house was what we can afford. Anything that they will deem to be better is also something that we won't be able to do without more substantial assistance. (Which we don't really want and might not even be possible anyways.)

Damn economy. Bad timing. Suck.


At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're not getting your house, but unless you're a contractor you're probably better off without a house in which the chimney is falling down and there are problems with the floors. Trust me, living in a house with major structural flaws is WAY more expensive long-term than a house in a "nicer" neighborhood. Your parents likely just made a decision that has saved both you and them substantial amounts of money.

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Claudia in CT said...

I'm so sorry that your dream didn't work out. And I know that words like "there will be other dreams" and "everything happens for the best" don't bring much consolation when you're sad. Be good to yourself (read: pamper) through this hard time. I'm wishing you good things ahead.

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

:( this makes me sad.


Post a Comment

<< Home