Saturday, October 04, 2008

When I get really upset/stressed/nervous I will start burping. Gross, I know, and I apologize. But yes! Stress affects me physically, and the reactions I have can be strong. After I talked on the phone to my dying great grandmother over a year ago I actually was so upset that twenty minutes later I threw up in my front patio.

Today after the home inspection I started burping, but thankfully there was nothing more than that.

1) There are random minorish things wrong with the house, such as... the dishwasher doesn't appear to work, nor does the oven. Um, and some other wonky half-assed home improvements.

2) There are a few potential major issues, like some wood rot in the kitchen (subfloor?) and the fact that the guy could physically move the chimney around with his arms at the top. Ha! I don't think that is supposed to happen!

3) Once we get the inspection reports back, we have to make decisions. Big ones.

4) Loan stuff sucks and when you hear different things from different people... gah. We need some info and reassurance. And a magically improved economy! In the next few days please!

5) Work.

6) My grandparents really aren't doing well, and I'm afraid my grandpa won't be around in a year. He is 79, which I think of as being way too young to die, but it really isn't young at all. My grandma has been slipping mentally and wrote my birthday card with messed-up sentences and signed from Uncle Bill instead of Grandpa.

7) Oh yes, it was my birthday on Wednesday. I am now 26 years old, and though I don't have a house, hopefully this place does work out and my goal of home ownership by this birthday will still kind of be attained. We went into escrow right before my birthday, and if everything works out, we'll be in the house before Halloween.

Now I need to chill out and knit.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Happy bithday for Wednesday - you are exactly a year younger than my oldest niece! LOL
I hope the house stuff all works out and there are no biggies that need fixing.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed! I have had a lot of that lately myself and can completely sympathize. Through it all, remember to be kind to yourself and take deep breaths. It works. Good luck! And Happy Birthday!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger penciledin said...

Sorry about the family and house issues. I can definitely relate in some ways about both. Happy belated birthday. I'm sure better news is on it's way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home