Thursday, September 25, 2008

!!! NEWS !!!

We are IN. The offer was accepted! They want us to pay an extra $2,700 but they're giving us much more than that back in closing costs paid and repair allowance, which we didn't even ask for.

Details will be coming together tomorrow, but we should be in escrow this weekend.

And it only took 141 days!

I haven't shared this before, but here is the photo of the house that I took on January 17th, almost 4 months before the house was put on the market.



I took this completely by chance. (See my May 8th post here.) I've viewed having taken this photo as some kind of omen, and felt like the chance of this happening is so remote, that it is so weird, that it had to mean something.

As you can see, it is a cute little house with some interesting quirks. Like the little porch? What you can't see is the marble floor and how wonderful it was with a few little chairs and a table. There is a planter-topped wall that goes halfway across the opening, and it looks like it would be a perfect place to just sit and be. The second door off the porch goes to the third bedroom, which is also accessed through the kitchen. It has it's own half bath. I want it to be my creative room.... Just inches behind that garage door is a wall, and absolutely no track or mechanism to roll the door up. And a kitchenette. And a bathroom.

The house is wonderful and strange, and fixed up and screwy. I really hope this all works out. I'm finally letting myself be so hopeful that I almost want to cry.

I should have more news tomorrow. Once we sign the papers, we're going to head over and water that lawn! ;o)

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! Looking forward to playing at your house!-Holly and Mommma

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

wooowhooo! congratulations! that is great news. :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woo! Woo! I'll miss the "we're waiting" updates. Good thing home ownership is entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home