Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Officially the worst day of my life.

I'm not exaggerating.

My biopsy came back and I have skin cancer. A melanoma.

...Yeah. You didn't see that one coming, did you? Neither did I. Or my doctor. Or my uncle who is also a doctor. He's never diagnosed a 26 year old with one before.

I'm not really sure, but I think it is stage 1. My doctor said stage 1 or 2, but from the thickness level (0.36 mm) and Clark level (2) the internet says I have stage 1.

I am freaking out, freaking out bad. I have chills and I feel a little like throwing up and I just don't understand how this is happening to me. Isn't that what everyone says? I thought this was something that happened to other people?

There is "very good survival" for my situation, but anything where the doctors talk about survival rates is... I don't know how to finish that sentence. I have a plastic surgery consultation on Friday as I'll need further surgery on my knee. I shouldn't have to have chemo or anything, but I'll be meeting with an oncologist at some point too.

Besides this, this very bad, very serious thing, I also had to say goodbye on the phone just now to my puppy, Ty. He is 12 years old, and has just gotten very sick. I am so sad that I can't give him a hug. He goes tomorrow at noon.

This really is an awful, awful day.

If you pray, please pray for me. If you don't, think good thoughts of calm for my heart and a healthy future for my damn stupid skin.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That truly is a terrible, terrible day. You (and Ty) are in my thoughts, and I hope things get much better for you soon.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good thoughts. Life is testing you. You can get through this. Lean on those you love.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Prayers are being sent your way.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Holli said...

So sorry to hear such unfortunate news. Positive, calming, loving thoughts are being sent your way. May you find the peace and inner strength you need to meet every obstacle in your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home