Thursday, January 01, 2009

I didn't just bake some of the bread for the fondue party- I baked all of it. Four loaves! I made two small loaves of French rye bread (with a starter but not quite a sourdough), an Italian pagnotta loaf (also with a starter, this one 2 days old), and a country French loaf. They all turned out excellent, although I did buy a loaf from Panera as insurance. (Uneaten.)

We'd thought there would only be 7 of us for the party (In laws, us, and my brother) but happily we ended up with 11 guests! The fondue was great, the bread tasty, and the company wonderful as well. I'm in a better mood, and they say that how you begin the year is how it will continue. My hopes for this next year include a house (duh) and less stress...

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home