Sunday, April 19, 2009

I have a lot of time to knit.



I finished the knee socks after I came home from my surgery on Wednesday. I worked on them in the waiting room, and would have knitted during recovery except that the doctor forgot to ask Steve to bring them back like I'd asked. But anyways, socks are done! When I finally am able to try them on, I'll have what appears to be a 2.5 inch long vertical scar straight up my right kneecap. (I won't actually be able to see the scar until next week, when the rest of the surgical dressings come off at my post-op appointment.)

I wrote some stuff here about the surgery, but I'm just going to replace it with this: it was scary, I cried, and the nurses were really nice. I fortunately don't remember the surgery, as the anesthesiologist put something in my IV that made everything go blank. My leg didn't hurt until the next day.

Right now it only really hurts for a few minutes every time I stand up, and I'm supposed to spend as much time as possible sitting with my leg elevated. No bending the knee, and no unnecessary walking. So far I've finished the knee socks, started a sweater for mom, made a felted box for Steve, and crocheted an apple, three apple slices, a mushroom, and an ice cream sandwich for a set of play food I'm making. Not bad for three days...

I can't wait to be able to bend my knee again.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers regarding my surgery. I'm very glad they didn't have to do a skin graft or tissue rearrangement. I don't even want to think about how much more it would have hurt. I'm still waiting for the pathology report on my knee area, and I have oncology and other appointments lined up for the next few weeks.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Sending good healing thoughts your way. Those are fun-looking socks!

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Claudia said...

Love your socks! I might need to make a pair too! Anyway - so glad to hear you're on the mend. Sending you good thoughts.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger knittingyoyo said...

Here's hoping for a good report and a quick recovery. Absolutely love those socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home