Monday, December 01, 2008

I may have a problem.

Sooo.... I've used 23 cups of flour making bread in the last two weeks.

That is 10 loaves of bread. I'd never made bread before in my life.

4 baguettes
1 "rustic italian" loaf
1 beer bread
2 pizza crusts
1 carrot cake bread
1 dilly bread

I have a pizza crust going right now and I'm trying to decide if I should make another loaf of bread this evening, although I would have to choose my recipe carefully because I'm running out of one of the 5 pound bags of flour I bought since I started this. I've bought 18 pounds of flour and I'm RUNNING OUT. (5 lb. all purpose, 5 lb. bread, 5 lb. whole wheat, 1 lb. rye, 1 lb. vital wheat gluten, 1 lb. some other floury thing.)

Whee!

Edit- Okay, make that 25 1/2 cups of flour and 11 loaves of bread. There's some wheat bread for sandwiches tomorrow rising in the kitchen. The pizza was awesome again. I doubt we will ever again buy the dough from Trader Joe's, as it simply can't compare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home